MORALITY PART (1)
This two part series on morality is much needed in our
current society. Society approves of so many things that God does
not. We are going to examine the word of God tonight and see how
God expects his people to be a moral people.
LIARS ARE GROUPED WITH MURDERS IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS
KJV 1 Timothy 1:9-10
9. Knowing this, that the law is not made for a
righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and
for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers
of mothers, for manslayers,
10. For whoremongers, for them that defile
themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons,
and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
LIARS WILL FACE ETERNAL DEATH
KJV Revelation 21:8
8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable,
and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all
liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:
which is the second death.
NOT TO DRINK WINE AS IT MAY CAUSE A BROTHER TO STUMBLE
KJV Romans 14:21
21. It is good neither to eat flesh, nor
to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended,
or is made weak.
ABSTAIN FROM EVIL – IS DRINKING NOT EVIL OR LEADING TO
KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:22
22. Abstain from all appearance of evil.
CAN YOU DRINK TO GOD’S GLORY?
KJV 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat,
or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE DRINK
KJV Proverbs 20:1
1. Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging:
whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
THE DRINK AND GOD’S VIEW
KJV Proverbs 23:29-35
29. Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath
contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath
redness of eyes?
30. They that tarry long at the wine; they
that go to seek mixed wine.
31. Look not thou upon the wine when it is
red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
32. At the last it biteth like a serpent,
and stingeth like an adder.
33. Thine eyes shall behold strange women,
and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
34. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down
in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
35. They have stricken me, shalt thou say,
and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall
I awake? I will seek it yet again.
DRUNKARDS WILL NOT BE IN HEAVEN
KJV 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall
not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor
idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with
10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And such were some of you: but ye are
washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the
Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
DRUNKENESS IS A WORK OF THE FLESH
KJV Galatians 5:19-21
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest,
which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance,
emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such
like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
DO NOT BE DRUNK, BUT HAVE THE WORD OF GOD FILL YOU
KJV Ephesians 5:18
18. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is
excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
DRUNK AND IN THE DARK AND NOT SOBER AND AWAITING
KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:1-9
1. But of the times and the seasons, brethren,
ye have no need that I write unto you.
2. For yourselves know perfectly that the
day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3. For when they shall say, Peace and safety;
then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with
child; and they shall not escape.
4. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness,
that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5. Ye are all the children of light, and
the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others;
but let us watch and be sober.
7. For they that sleep sleep in the night;
and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8. But let us, who are of the day, be sober,
putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope
9. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain
salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
DANCING AND MODEST DRESSING
THE BEAHEADING OF JOHN THE BAPTIST A GOOD EXAMPLE OF
WHAT DANCING AND IMMODESTY PRODUCES
KJV Matthew 14:1-11
1. At that time Herod the tetrarch heard
of the fame of Jesus,
2. And said unto his servants, This is John
the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do shew
forth themselves in him.
3. For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound
him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.
4. For John said unto him, It is not lawful
for thee to have her.
5. And when he would have put him to death,
he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet.
6. But when Herod's birthday was kept, the
daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod.
7. Whereupon he promised with an oath to
give her whatsoever she would ask.
8. And she, being before instructed of her
mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger.
9. And the king was sorry: nevertheless for
the oath's sake, and them which sat with him at meat, he commanded it to
be given her.
10. And he sent, and beheaded John in the
11. And his head was brought in a charger,
and given to the damsel: and she brought it to her mother.
BE NOT TEMPTED
KJV Matthew 26:41
41. Watch and pray, that ye enter not into
temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
DO NOT LUST AFTER A WOMEN AND COMMIT ADULTERY IN THE HEART
KJV Matthew 5:27-28
27. Ye have heard that it was said by them
of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman
to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
UNMARRIED BUT LIVING TOGETHER
GOD RECOGNIZES THAT MAN NEEDS WOMEN
KJV Genesis 2:18
18. And the Lord God said, It is not good
that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
MARRIAGE IS THE RELATIONSHIP IN WHICH A THIS MAN – FEMALE
CONNECTION OF THE PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIP NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE
KJV Hebrews 13:4
4. Marriage is honourable in all, and the
bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
TO AVOID FORNICATION MARRY A WIFE AND STAY IN THAT RELATIONSHIP
KJV 1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication,
let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
SEE DAVID’S EXAMPLE OF SEEING A WOMEN IN A LESS THAN DESCENT
MANNER CAN DO AND THE HEARTACHE IT CAN CAUSE
KJV 2 Samuel 11:1-27
1. And it came to pass, after the year was expired,
at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his
servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon,
and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem.
2. And it came to pass in an eveningtide,
that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's
house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman
was very beautiful to look upon.
3. And David sent and inquired after the
woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the
wife of Uriah the Hittite?
4. And David sent messengers, and took her;
and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from
her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.
5. And the woman conceived, and sent and
told David, and said, I am with child.
6. And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me
Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David.
7. And when Uriah was come unto him, David
demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered.
8. And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy
house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and
there followed him a mess of meat from the king.
9. But Uriah slept at the door of the king's
house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.
10. And when they had told David, saying,
Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou
not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house?
11. And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and
Israel, and Judah, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of
my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house,
to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy
soul liveth, I will not do this thing.
12. And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to
day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem
that day, and the morrow.
13. And when David had called him, he did
eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out
to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his
14. And it came to pass in the morning, that
David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.
15. And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set
ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him,
that he may be smitten, and die.
16. And it came to pass, when Joab observed
the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant
17. And the men of the city went out, and
fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of
David; and Uriah the Hittite died also.
18. Then Joab sent and told David all the
things concerning the war;
19. And charged the messenger, saying, When
thou hast made an end of telling the matters of the war unto the king,
20. And if so be that the king's wrath arise,
and he say unto thee, Wherefore approached ye so nigh unto the city when
ye did fight? knew ye not that they would shoot from the wall?
21. Who smote Abimelech the son of Jerubbesheth?
did not a woman cast a piece of a millstone upon him from the wall, that
he died in Thebez? why went ye nigh the wall? then say thou, Thy servant
Uriah the Hittite is dead also.
22. So the messenger went, and came and shewed
David all that Joab had sent him for.
23. And the messenger said unto David, Surely
the men prevailed against us, and came out unto us into the field, and
we were upon them even unto the entering of the gate.
24. And the shooters shot from off the wall
upon thy servants; and some of the king's servants be dead, and thy servant
Uriah the Hittite is dead also.
25. Then David said unto the messenger, Thus
shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword
devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the
city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.
26. And when the wife of Uriah heard that
Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband.
27. And when the mourning was past, David
sent and fetched her to his house, and she became his wife, and bare him
a son. But the thing that David had done displeased the Lord.
PART 2 COMING TOMMOROW NIGHT
NOTHING THIS NIGHT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT SALVATION BUT LET
US NOT GO AWAY WITHOUT SPEAKING ON THE SAVING OF SOULS
THERE IS ONE CHURCH –
KJV Matthew 16:18
18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter,
and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall
not prevail against it.
KJV Ephesians 4:4
4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even
as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
KJV Ephesians 1:22-23
22. And hath put all things under his feet,
and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fulness of him
that filleth all in all.
KJV Ephesians 5:23
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even
as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
KJV Acts 20:28
28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves,
and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers,
to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
KJV Acts 2:47
47. Praising God, and having favour with
all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be
KJV 1 Corinthians 12:12-13
12. For as the body is one, and hath many
members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body:
so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized
into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
KJV John 10:9
9. I am the door: by me if any man enter
in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
KJV Romans 6:3-5
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were
baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism
into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory
of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness
of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
WHAT PRECEEDS BAPTISM
HEARING – ROMANS 10:17
BELEIVING – MARK 16:15-16
REPENTING – ACTS 2:38
CONFESSING – ACTS 8:37-38
THEN BAPTISM INTO THE CHURCH – THE BODY –OF WHICH CHRIST
IS THE SAVIOUR!
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.